From S C <as...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.AssertionError on starting the node
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 14:46:45 GMT
What was the node doing right before the ERROR? Can you post some more log?

Thanks,SC

Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:57:38 +0530
From: himanshu.joshi@orkash.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: java.lang.AssertionError on starting the node

    Hi,

        I have created a 2 node test cluster in Cassandra version 1.2.3
    with  Simple Strategy and Replication Factor 2. The Java version is
    "1.6.0_27" The seed node is working fine but when I am starting the
    second node it is showing the following error:

    ERROR 10:16:55,603 Exception in thread Thread[FlushWriter:2,5,main]

    java.lang.AssertionError: 105565

        at
org.apache.cassandra.utils.ByteBufferUtil.writeWithShortLength(ByteBufferUtil.java:342)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableWriter.append(SSTableWriter.java:176)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable$FlushRunnable.writeSortedContents(Memtable.java:481)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable$FlushRunnable.runWith(Memtable.java:440)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.io.util.DiskAwareRunnable.runMayThrow(DiskAwareRunnable.java:48)

        at
    org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run(WrappedRunnable.java:28)

        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)

        at

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

    This node was working fine earlier and is having the data also.

    Any help
      would be appreciated.

    --
Thanks & Regards,