From Ron Siemens <rsiem...@greatergood.com>
Subject Backup and restore between different node-sized clusters
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 23:03:47 GMT

I have a 3-node cluster in production and a single-node development cluster.  I tested snapshotting
a column family from the 3-node production cluster, grouping the files together, and restoring
onto my single node development system.  That worked fine.  Can I go the other direction?
 It's not easy for me to test in that direction: I'll get the chance at some point but would
like to hear if you've done this.

If I just put the snapshot from the single node cluster on one of the nodes from the 3-node
cluster, and do a JMX loadNewSSTables on that node, will the data load correctly into the
3-nodes?  Or is something more complex involved?

FYI, I'm following the instructions below, but only doing per column family backup and restore.

http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/operations/backup_restore

Thanks,
Ron