From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: how to access data only on specific node
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 20:28:24 GMT
> see that RR works, but sometimes number of records have been read degrades.
RR is enabled on a random 10% of requests, see the read_repair_chance setting for the CF.

>  If so, then the question is: how to perform local reads to examine content of specific
node?
You can check which nodes are replicas for a key using nodetool getendpoints

If you want to read all the rows for a particular row you need to use a range scan and limit
it by the token ranges assigned to the node.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/05/2013, at 10:29 PM, Sergey Naumov <sknaumov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'am playing with demo cassandra cluster and decided to test read repair + hinted handoff.

> One node of a cluster was put down deliberately, and on the other nodes I inserted some
records (say 1000). HH is off on all nodes.
> Then I turned on the node, connected to it with cql (locally, so to localhost) and performed
1000 reads by row key (with consistency ONE). I see that RR works, but sometimes number of
records have been read degrades. Is it because consistency ONE and local reads is not the
same thing? If so, then the question is: how to perform local reads to examine content of
specific node?