From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Repair of tombstones
Date Sun, 19 May 2013 15:30:25 GMT
There has been a lot of discussion on the list recently concerning issues with repair, runtime,
etc.

We recently have had issues with this cassandra bug:

Basically, if you do regular staggered repairs, and you have tombstones that can be gc_graced,
those tombstones may never be cleaned up if those tombstones don't get compacted away before
the next repair.  This is because these tombstones are essentially recopied to other nodes
during the next repair.  This has been fixed in 1.2, however, we aren't ready to make the
jump to 1.2 yet.

Is there a reason why this hasn't been back-ported to 1.1?  Is it a risky change? Although
not a silver bullet, it seems it may help a lot of people with repair issues (certainly seems
it would help us),

-Mike