From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: For those using Cassandra from .Net
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 22:38:37 GMT
Thanks, when and were is the talk ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/05/2013, at 6:42 AM, Peter Lin <woolfel@gmail.com> wrote:

> NativeX is giving a talk about using Cassandra with .Net. Our firm created a port of
Hector over to .Net late last year.

> Here is the abstract.
>
> The Perils and Triumphs of using Cassandra at a .NET/Microsoft Shop
>
> Speakers: Derek Bromenshenkel and Jeff Smoley, Infrastructure Architects at NativeX
>

> NativeX (formerly W3i) recently transitioned a large portion of their backend infrastructure
from Microsoft SQL Server to Apache Cassandra. Today, its Cassandra cluster backs its mobile
advertising network supporting over 10 million daily active users that produce over 10,000
transactions per second with an average database request latency of under 2 milliseconds.
Come hear our story about how we were successful at getting our .NET web apps to reliably
connect to Cassandra. Come learn about FluentCassandra, Snowflake, Hector, and IKVM. It's
a story of struggle and perseverance, where everyone lives happily ever after.