From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Re: (unofficial) Community Poll for Production Operators : Repair
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 09:37:28 GMT
On May 10, 2013, at 7:24 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> 1) What version of Cassandra do you run, on what hardware?

1.1.5 - 6 nodes, 32GB RAM, 300GB data per node, 900GB 10k RAID1, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609
0 @ 2.40GHz.

> 2) What consistency level do you write at? Do you do DELETEs?

QUORUM. Yes, we do deletes.

> 3) Do you run a regularly scheduled repair?

Yes.

> 4) If you answered "yes" to 3, what is the frequency of the repair?

Every 2 days.

> 5) What has been your subjective experience with the performance of
> repair? (Does it work as you would expect? Does its overhead have a
> significant impact on the performance of your cluster?)

It works as we expect, it has some impact on performance, but it takes a long time. We used
to run daily repairs, but they started overlapping. The reason for more frequent repairs is
that we do a lot of deletes so we lowered the gc_grace_period otherwise the dataset would
grow too large.

André