From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra multi-datacenter
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 21:31:44 GMT
Look at the broadcast_address in the yaml file
Cheers
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 3/05/2013, at 9:10 AM, Jabbar Azam <ajazam@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure why you want to use public Ip's in the other data centre. You're cassandra
nodes in the other datacentre will be accessible from the internet

> Personally I would use private IP addresses in the second data centre, on a different
IP subnet.

> A VPN is your only solution if you want to keep your data private and unhackable, as
it's tunneling it's way through the internet

> A slow network connection will mean your data is not in sync in both datacentres unless
you explicitly specify quorum as your consisteny level in your mutation requests but your
database throughput will be affected by this.

> You bandwidth to the second datacentre and the quantity of your mutation requests will
dictate how long it will take the second datacentre to get in sync with the primary datacentre.

> I've probably missed something but there are plenty of intelligent people in this mailing
list to fill the blanks :)

> Thanks
>
> Jabbar Azam
>

> On 2 May 2013 20:28, Daning Wang <daning@netseer.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are deploying Cassandra on two data centers. there is slower network connection between
data centers.

> Looks casandra should use internal ip to communicate with nodes in the same data center,
and public ip to talk to nodes in other data center. We know VPN is a solution, but want to
know if there is other idea.