From "Takenori Sato(Cloudian)" <ts...@cloudian.com>
Subject Re: Cleanup understastanding
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 00:55:17 GMT
Hi Victor,

As Andrey said, running cleanup doesn't work as you expect.

 > The reason I need to clean things is that I wont need most of my
inserted data on the next day.

Deleted objects(columns/records) become deletable from sstable file when
they get expired(after gc_grace_seconds).

Such deletable objects are actually gotten rid of by compaction.

The tricky part is that a deletable object remains unless all of its old
objects(the same row key) are contained in the set of sstable files
involved in the compaction.

- Takenori