From Dave Brosius <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Re: Look table structuring advice
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 18:30:36 GMT
if you want to store all the roles in one row, you can do

create table roles (synthetic_key int, name text, primary
key(synthetic_key, name)) with compact storage

when inserting roles, just use the same key

insert into roles (synthetic_key, name) values (0, 'Programmer');
insert into roles (synthetic_key, name) values (0, 'Tester');

and use

select * from roles where synthetic_key = 0;

(or some arbitrary key value you decide to use)

the that data is stored on one node (and its replicas)

of course if the number of roles grows to be large, you lose most of the
value in having a cluster.