From "himanshu.joshi" <himanshu.jo...@orkash.com>
Subject Error on Range queries
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 13:22:05 GMT
Hi,

     I have created a 2 node test cluster in Cassandra version 1.2.3
with  Simple Strategy, Replication Factor 2 and
ByteOrderedPartitioner(so as to get Range Query functionality).

When i am using a range query on a secondary index in CQLSH,  I am
getting the error :

"Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with Equal
operator
Perhaps you meant to use CQL 2? Try using the -2 option when starting
cqlsh."

My query is: select * from temp where min_update >10 limit 5;

My table structure is:

CREATE TABLE temp (
   id bigint PRIMARY KEY,
   archive_name text,
   country_name text,
   description text,
   dt_stamp timestamp,
   location_id bigint,
   max_update bigint,
   min_update bigint
) WITH COMPACT STORAGE AND
   bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
   caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
   comment='' AND
   dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
   gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
   read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
   replicate_on_write='true' AND
   populate_io_cache_on_flush='false' AND
   compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
   compression={'sstable_compression': 'SnappyCompressor'};

CREATE INDEX temp_min_update_idx ON temp (min_update);

Range queries are working fine on primary key.

I am getting the same error on another query of an another table temp2:

select * from temp2 where reffering_url='Some URL';

this table is also having the secondary index on this field("reffering_url")

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Himanshu Joshi