From Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdoki...@adform.com>
Subject RE: (unofficial) Community Poll for Production Operators : Repair
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 13:10:08 GMT
> 1) What version of Cassandra do you run, on what hardware?
1.0.12 (upgrade to 1.2.x is planned)
Blade servers with
  1x6 CPU cores with HT (12 vcores) (upgradable to 2x CPUs)
  96GB RAM (upgrade is planned to 128GB, 256GB max)
  1x300GB 15k Data and 1x300GB 10k CommitLog/System SAS HDDs

> 2) What consistency level do you write at? Do you do DELETEs?
Write/Delete failover policy (where needed): try QUORUM then ONE finally ANY.

> 3) Do you run a regularly scheduled repair?
NO, read repair is enough (where needed).

> 4) If you answered "yes" to 3, what is the frequency of the repair?
If we'll do it, we'll do it once a day.

> 5) What has been your subjective experience with the performance of
> repair? (Does it work as you would expect? Does its overhead have a
> significant impact on the performance of your cluster?)
For our use case it has too much significant impact on performance of the cluster without
real value.

Best regards / Pagarbiai

Viktor Jevdokimov
Senior Developer

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
Phone: +370 5 212 3063
Fax: +370 5 261 0453

J. Jasinskio 16C,
LT-01112 Vilnius,
Lithuania

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender. You must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.