From Felipe Sere <felipe.s...@1und1.de>
Subject AW: column with TTL of 10 seconds lives very long...
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 10:28:07 GMT
This is interesting as it might affect me too :)
I have been observing deadlocks with HLockManagerImpl which dont get resolved for a long time
even though the columns with the locks should only live for about 5-10secs.

Any ideas how to investigate this further from the Cassandra-side?
________________________________
Von: Tamar Fraenkel [tamar@tok-media.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013 11:58
An: user@cassandra.apache.org
Betreff: Re: column with TTL of 10 seconds lives very long...

Thanks for the response.
Running date simultaneously on all nodes (using parallel ssh) shows that they are synced.
Tamar

Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com<mailto:tamar@tok-media.com>
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Nikolay Mihaylov <nmmm@nmmm.nu<mailto:nmmm@nmmm.nu>>
wrote:
Did you synchronized the clocks between servers?

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Tamar Fraenkel <tamar@tok-media.com<mailto:tamar@tok-media.com>>
wrote:
Hi!
I have Cassandra cluster with 3 node running version 1.0.11.

I am using Hector HLockManagerImpl, which creates a keyspace named HLockManagerImpl and CF
HLocks.
For some reason I have a row with single column that should have expired yesterday who is
still there.
I tried deleting it using cli, but it is stuck...
Any ideas how to delete it?

Thanks,