From Chandana Tummala <Chandana.tumm...@wipro.com>
Subject HOW TO SET CONSISTENCY LEVEL FOR
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 08:42:50 GMT
Hi All,

We have a requirement to load approximately 10 million records, each record
with approximately 100 columns daily  and automatically . We are planning to
use the Bulk-loader program to convert the data into SSTables and then load
them using SSTABLELOADER.

Everything is working fine when all nodes are up and running and the
performance is very good. However, when a node is down, the streaming fails
and the operation stops. We have to run the SSTABLELOADER with option 'I' to
exclude the node that is down. I was wondering if we can enforce Consistency
level of 'ANY' with SSTABLELOADER as well.

i have tried with -i option but the progarm is automatic so finding a
failure node and running again may decrease the performance .

can any one suggest the best approach for the bulk loader program  without
failing even one node is down.

Environment:

Cassandra 1.1.9.1  provided as part of DSE 3.0
8 Nodes
Replication Factor – 3
Consistency Level – ANY

Regards,