From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Multiple cursors
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 08:15:45 GMT
> We were successfully using a sync thrift client. With it we could send multiple requests
through the single connection and wait for answers.

Can you provide an example ?

With sync the server thread that handles your client socket blocks waiting for the request
to complete.  There is also state associated with the connection that from memory is considered
to be essentially request state.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/05/2013, at 9:57 PM, Vitalii Tymchyshyn <tivv00@gmail.com> wrote:

> We were successfully using a sync thrift client. With it we could send multiple requests
through the single connection and wait for answers.

> 17 трав. 2013 02:51, "aaron morton" <aaron@thelastpickle.com> напис.
> We don't have cursors in the RDBMS sense of things.
>
> If you are using thrift the recommendation is to use connection pooling and re-use connections
for different requests. Note that you can not multiplex queries over the same thrift connection,
you must wait for the response before issuing another request. The native binary transport
allows multiplexing though.

of connection pooling etc for you https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientOptions

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 16/05/2013, at 9:03 AM, Sam Mandes <eng.salamander@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Is using multiple cursors simultaneously on the same C* connection a good practice?
>>
>> I've an internal api for a project running thrift, I then need to query something
from C*. I do not like to create a new connection for every api request. Thus, when my service
initially starts I open a connection to C* and with every request I create a new cursor.