From Liz Lee-Red Oak <liz....@redoaktech.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Experts
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 23:37:18 GMT
Obviously my inquiry was misdirected. Steven. You will have to pardon me, I was merely searching
for help. I do appreciate you pointing me in the right direction (Datastax), and will be referring
them to our customer.  Thank you.

On May 9, 2013, at 4:25 PM, Steven Siebert <smsiebe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good point, Viktor...I didn't bother checking if they were consulting firm or recruiting...which
you are correct, they appear to be head hunters.  My mistake in thinking the OP was involved
in a more direct consulting situation and discovered they needed some outside expertise --
I guess my skepticism filter is lower for a message on an OSS mailing list =)

> Well played, OP....

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com>
wrote:
>> Consulting company is a body shop that looking for a job candidates for their clients,
shortly – recruiters, so not interested in support or learning, just selling bodies with
some brains.

>> Best regards / Pagarbiai
>> Viktor Jevdokimov
>> Senior Developer
>>
>> Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
>> Phone: +370 5 212 3063, Fax +370 5 261 0453
>> J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
>> Follow us on Twitter: @adforminsider
>> Take a ride with Adform's Rich Media Suite
>> <signature-logo36a.png>
>> <signature-best-employer-logo5ef2.png>
>>
>> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of
the sender. You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If
you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably

to learn cassandra to provide said support?  If the former, I highly recommend DataStax (http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/consulting).
  I'm a non-affiliated future customer (adoption delay is on our side), and have thus far
received great support from their sales and technical teams - they have spent a lot of time
out of hide to capture my needs and answer my questions.

>> ...not to mention their direct ties to apache cassandra (http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise/apache-cassandra),
they obviously have the technical capabilities current and future.

>> From one cassandra user -- if you're looking for paid support, that's where I would
go.

>> Regards,
>>

>> Steve
>>
>> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Liz Lee <liz.lee@redoaktech.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Liz and I just subscribed to the mailing list for Cassandra.  I work for
a consulting company by the name of Red Oak Technologies, and we have a world-class client
who is in need of Cassandra professional services expertise.  If anyone has any tips or leads
for me, I surely would be grateful! :)