Hi!
Reading the documentation, heap size calculation is done without counting data size.

Extract from http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/operations/tuning#heap-sizing

System MemoryHeap Size
Less than 2GB1/2 of system memory
2GB to 4GB1GB
Greater than 4GB1/4 system memory, but not more than 8GB

2013/4/16 Joel Samuelsson <samuelsson.joel@gmail.com>
How do you calculate the heap / data size ratio? Is this a linear ratio?

Each node has slightly more than 12 GB right now though.