* Please use jdk 1.7; Cassandra will run with 1.6 but
  frequently core dumps on quad-core machines
* Unpack the tar ball:

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Wei Zhu <wz1975@yahoo.com> wrote:
Anyone has first hand experience with Zing JVM which is claimed to be pauseless? How do they charge, per CPU?

Thanks
-Wei

From: Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: Why do Datastax docs recommend Java 6?

Oracle already did this once, It was called jrockit :)

Typically oracle acquires they technology and then the bits are merged with the standard JVM.†

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com> wrote:
I would prefer Oracle to own an Azulís Zing JVM over any other (GC) to provide it for free for anyone :)
Best regards / Pagarbiai
Viktor Jevdokimov
Senior Developer

J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
Follow us on Twitter: @adforminsider
Take a ride with Adform's Rich Media Suite