So, I had 7 nodes that I set up using vnodes, 256 tokens each, no problem.

I added two 512 token nodes, no problem, things seemed to balance.

The next 3 nodes I added, all at 256 tokens, and they have a cumulative load of 116mb (where as the other nodes are at ~100GB and ~200GB (256 and 512 respectively).

Anyone else seen this is 1.2.4?

The nodes seem to join the cluster ok, and I have num_tokens set and have tried both an empty initial_token and a commented out initial token, with no change.

I see nothing streaming with netstats either, though these nodes were added days apart.  At first I thought I must have a hot key or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case, since the node I thought that one was on has evened out over the past couple of days with no new nodes added.

I really *DON'T* want to deal with another shuffle....but what options do I have, since vnodes "make it unneeded to balance the cluster"?  (which, at the moment, seems like a load of bullshit).