Is it safe to change sstable file name to avoid name collisions?
Yes.
Make sure to change the generation number for all the components.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton

On 4/04/2013, at 3:01 PM, Michał Czerwiński <michal@qubitproducts.com> wrote:

I see, thanks for the replay!

One more question:

I can see that multiple nodes have same sstable names for a certain keyspace / cf.
I am moving 8 nodes to a 6 nodes cluster, so at some point when putting sstables in place I would overwrite files from other node. What is the best way to solve this problem? Is it safe to change sstable file name to avoid name collisions?

On 4 April 2013 02:54, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: SSTable zzz/xxx/yyy-hf-47-Data.db is not compatible with current version ib
You cannot stream files that have a different on disk format.

1.2 can read the old files, but cannot accept them as streams. You can copy the files to the new machines and use nodetool refresh to load them, then upgradesstables to re-write them before running repair.

Cheers

http://www.thelastpickle.com