From Keith Wright <kwri...@nanigans.com>
Subject Re: Datastax Java Driver connection issue
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:18:15 GMT
Did you enable the binary protocol in Cassandra.yaml?

Abhijit Chanda <abhijit.chanda0@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have downloaded the CQL driver provided by Datastax using
       <dependency>
            <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId>
            <artifactId>cassandra-driver-core</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0-beta2</version>
        </dependency>

Then tried a sample program to connect to the cluster
Cluster cluster = Cluster.builder()
                .addContactPoints(db1)
                .withPort(9160)
                .build();

But sadly its returning com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException: All
host(s) tried for query failed

I am using cassandra 1.2.2

Can any one suggest me whats wrong with that.

And i am really sorry for posting  datastax java driver related question in this forum, can't
find a better place for the instant reaction

-Abhijit