From "John R. Frank" <...@mit.edu>
Subject Re: loading all rows from cassandra using multiple (python) clients in parallel
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:34:21 GMT
On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, aaron morton wrote:

>        EDIT: works after switching to testing against the lastest
> version of the cassandra database (doh!), and also updating the syntax
> per notes below:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16137944/loading-all-rows-from-cassandra-using-multiple-python-clients-in-parallel
>
> Is this still a problem?

The exceptions raised when trying to use CQL v3.0.2 against an older
version of Cassandra could be improved.  Once I figured that out, the
basic question was answered.

More importantly, it would be really helpful to expose this functionality
in pycassa so that we don't have to insert a chunk of code based on the
cql python module into an app that already uses pycassa everywhere else.

I have seen the posts about CQL2 versus CQL3 being an "implementation
choice" in pycassa.  That may be true for much of the functionality that
pycassa exposes.  It does not appear to be true if you consider all of the
functionality that is available from cassandra through other clients ---
for example, naming row keys and querying tokens directly (IIUC).

jrf