From "Desimpel, Ignace" <Ignace.Desim...@nuance.com>
Subject ordered partitioner
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:54:23 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to implement my own ordered partitioner and got into problems.
The current DecoratedKey is using a ByteBufferUtil.compareUnsigned for comparing the key.
I was thinking of having a signed comparison, so I thought of making my own DecoratedKey,
Token and Partitioner. That way I would have complete control...
So  made a partitioner whith a function decorateKey(...) returning MyDecoratedKey in stead
of DecoratedKey
But when making my own MyDecoratedKey, the database get into trouble when adding a key space
due to the fact that some code in Cassandra is using the 'new DecoratedKey(...)' statement
and is not using the partitioner function decorateKey(...).

Would it be logical to always call the partitioner function decorateKey such that the creation
of an own partitioner and key decoration is possible?

Ignace Desimpel