From Bill de hÓra <b...@dehora.net>
Subject Re: High gossip traffic volume on 1.1.9
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:01:20 GMT
> gossip traffic

That was imprecise, I should have said port 7000 instead of 'gossip'. I got some help on irc,
and it may have been a read repair, but not sure. What was interesting was the internal load
relative to anything happening externally (120Mbps+ on 7000 compared to ~500Kbps on 9160).

Bill

On Tuesday 9 April 2013 at 20:31, Bill de hÓra wrote:

> A test 3 node cluster I'm running, managed by Priam, has 'suddenly' seen its gossip traffic
fly up, peaking at 120mbps. Looking at tcpdump it seems there is simply a high rate of gossip
traffic. There's nothing obviously wrong the cluster itself; it's barely loaded, no markdowns/hints/gc
and all else seems healthy.