From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: 'sstableloader' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 03:20:36 GMT
> Is sstableloader supported in windows, looking at the source it seems to be unix shell
file?

Yup.
If you would like to put together an sstableloader.bat file use the sstablekeys.bat file as
a template but use org.apache.cassandra.tools.BulkLoader and the CASSANDRA_MAIN

If you can get it working please raise a ticket at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
and donate it back to Apache.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/04/2013, at 6:37 PM, Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com> wrote:

> If your Cassandra cluster is on Linux, I believe that streaming is not supported in mixed
environment, i.e. Cassandra nodes can’t stream between Windows and Linux and sstableloader
can’t stream feom Windows to Linux.

> If your Cassandra also on Windows, just try to create bat file for sstableloader using
other bat files for example.
> I don’t know if sstableloader will support Windows directory structure.
>

> Best regards / Pagarbiai
> Viktor Jevdokimov
> Senior Developer
>
> Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
> Phone: +370 5 212 3063, Fax +370 5 261 0453
> J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
> Follow us on Twitter: @adforminsider
> Take a ride with Adform's Rich Media Suite
> <signature-logo29.png>
> <signature-best-employer-logo4823.png>
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender.
You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received
this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.

trying to push those `SSTABLES` into `Cassandra database`.

> I created corresponding keyspace and column family successfully.
>
> Now as soon as I execute `SSTableLoader` command, I always get below exception?
>

>     S:\Apache Cassandra\apache-cassandra-1.2.3\bin>sstableloader
>     C:\CassandraClient-LnP\201304050000\profileks\PROFILECF 'sstableloader' is
>     not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or
>     batch file.
>

> Can anyone tell me what wrong I am doing here? I am running Cassandra 1.2.3. And this
is my first time working with `SSTableLoader`. I am working in windows environment.