From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: data modeling from batch_mutate point of view
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 08:11:54 GMT
> So, one alternative design for indexing CF could be:
> rowkey = folder_id
> colname = (indexed value, timestamp, file_id)
> colvalue = ""

If you always search in a folder what about
rowkey = <folder_id : property_name : property_value>
colname = <file_id>

(That's closer to secondary indexes in cassandra with the addition of the folder_id)

> According to pro vs con, is the alternative design more or less interesting ?
IMHO it's normally better to spread the rows and consider how they grow over time.
You can send updates for multiple rows in the same batch mutation.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand