From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Issues running Bulkloader program on AIX server
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:02:03 GMT
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: snappyjava (Not found in java.library.path)

You do not have the snappy compression library installed.

http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/troubleshooting/index#cannot-initialize-class-org-xerial-snappy-snappy

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 4/04/2013, at 1:36 PM, praveen.akunuru@wipro.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry, my environment is as below:
>
> 3 node cluster with Cassandra 1.1.9 provided with DSE 3.0 on Linux
> We are trying to run the bulk loader from AIX 6.1 server. Java version 1.5.
>
> Regards,
> Praveen
>
> From: Praveen Akunuru <praveen.akunuru@wipro.com>
> Date: Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:21 PM
> To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
> Subject: Issues running Bulkloader program on AIX server
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am facing issues with running java Bulkloader program from a AIX server. The program
is working fine on Linux server. I am receiving the below error on AIX. Can anyone help me
in getting this working?

>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
>         at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.loadNativeLibrary(SnappyLoader.java:317)
>         at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.load(SnappyLoader.java:219)
>         at org.xerial.snappy.Snappy.<clinit>(Snappy.java:44)
>         at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:200)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor.create(SnappyCompressor.java:45)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor.isAvailable(SnappyCompressor.java:55)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor.<clinit>(SnappyCompressor.java:37)
>         at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:200)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.config.CFMetaData.<clinit>(CFMetaData.java:82)
>         at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:200)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter.<init>(SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter.java:80)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter.<init>(SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter.java:93)
>         at BulkLoadExample.main(BulkLoadExample.java:55)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
>         at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: snappyjava (Not found in java.library.path)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1011)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:975)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:469)
>         at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyNativeLoader.loadLibrary(SnappyNativeLoader.java:52)
>         ... 25 more
> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor).
> log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
> Unhandled exception
> Type=Segmentation error vmState=0x00000000
> J9Generic_Signal_Number=00000004 Signal_Number=0000000b Error_Value=00000000 Signal_Code=00000032
> Handler1=09001000A06FF5A0 Handler2=09001000A06F60F0
>
> Regards,
> Praveen
> Wipro Limited (Company Regn No in UK - FC 019088)
> Address: Level 2, West wing, 3 Sheldon Square, London W2 6PS, United Kingdom. Tel +44
20 7432 8500 Fax: +44 20 7286 5703

> VAT Number: 563 1964 27
>
> (Branch of Wipro Limited (Incorporated in India at Bangalore with limited liability vide
Reg no L99999KA1945PLC02800 with Registrar of Companies at Bangalore, India. Authorized share
capital: Rs 5550 mn))

of this message and any attachments.