From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Key-Token mapping in cassandra
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:33:53 GMT
> CASSANDRA-1034
That ticket is about removing an assumption which was not correct.

> I would like all keys with "123" as prefix to be mapped to a single token.
Why?
it's not possible nor desirable IMHO. Tokens are used to identify a single row internally.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/04/2013, at 11:25 PM, Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindarajan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We would like to map multiple keys to a single token in cassandra. I believe this should
be possible now with CASSANDRA-1034

> Ex:
>
> Key1 --> 123/IMAGE
> Key2 --> 123/DOCUMENTS
> Key3 --> 123/MULTIMEDIA
>
> I would like all keys with "123" as prefix to be mapped to a single token.
>
> Is this possible? What should be the Partitioner that I should most likely extend and
write my own to achieve the desired result?