From jrdn hannah <j...@jrdnhannah.co.uk>
Subject MySQL Cluster performing faster than Cassandra cluster on single table
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:56:35 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here had any insight into this.

I was running some tests on cassandra and mysql performance, with a two node and three node
cassandra cluster, and a five node mysql cluster (mgmt, 2 x api, 2 x data).

On the cassandra 2 node cluster vs mysql cluster, I was getting a couple of strange results.
For example, on updating a single table in MySQL, with the equivalent super column in Cassandra,
I was getting results of 0.231 ms for MySQL and 1.248ms for Cassandra to perform the update
1000 times.

Could anybody help explain why this is the case?

Thanks,
Hannah