From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: looking at making astyanax asynchronous but cassandra-thrift-1.1.1 doesn't look right
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:41:19 GMT
Here's an example I did in python a long time ago http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg04775.html

Call send() then select on the file handle, when it's ready to read call recv().

Or just add more threads on your side :)

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/04/2013, at 2:50 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> Is cassandra-thrift-1.1.1.jar the generated code?  I see a send() and recv() but I don't
see a send(Callback cb) that is typicaly of true asynchronous platforms.  Ie. I don't know
when to call recv myself obviously if I am trying to make astyanax truly asynchronous.

> The reason I ask is we have a 100k row upload that with synchronous 20 threads takes
around 30 seconds and with simulation, we predict this would be done in 3 seconds with an
asynch api as our threads would not get held up like they do now.  I guess we can try to crank
it up to 100 threads to get it running a bit faster for now :( :(.