From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: Key-Token mapping in cassandra
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:29:43 GMT
It should be Key4 --> 123

And you store it in the Image CF or the Documents CF or the MultiMedia CF….then it ends
up all on the same machine as the CF breaks the row apart.

Dean

From: Alicia Leong <lccalicia@gmail.com<mailto:lccalicia@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:24 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Key-Token mapping in cassandra

Hi Ravi

Key1 --> 123/IMAGE
Key2 --> 123/DOCUMENTS
Key3 --> 123/MULTIMEDIA

Which one is your ROW KEY ??   It is Key1,Key2,Key3?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com<mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com>>
wrote:
All rows with the same key go on the same nodes. So if you use the same row key in different
CF's they will be on the same nodes. i.e. have CF's called Image, Documents, Meta and store
rows in all of them with the 123 key.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant