From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject looking at making astyanax asynchronous but cassandra-thrift-1.1.1 doesn't look right
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:50:23 GMT
Is cassandra-thrift-1.1.1.jar the generated code?  I see a send() and recv() but I don't see
a send(Callback cb) that is typicaly of true asynchronous platforms.  Ie. I don't know when
to call recv myself obviously if I am trying to make astyanax truly asynchronous.

The reason I ask is we have a 100k row upload that with synchronous 20 threads takes around
30 seconds and with simulation, we predict this would be done in 3 seconds with an asynch
api as our threads would not get held up like they do now.  I guess we can try to crank it
up to 100 threads to get it running a bit faster for now :( :(.

Thanks,
Dean