From Jean-Armel Luce <jaluc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Really have to repair ?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:22:17 GMT
Hi Cyril,

According to the documentation (
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Frequency_of_nodetool_repair),
I understand that is is not necessary to repair every node before
gc_grace_seconds if you are sure that you don't miss to run a repair each
time a node is down longer than gc_grace_seconds.

"*IF* your operations team is sufficiently on the ball, you can get by
without repair as long as you do not have hardware failure -- in that case,
HintedHandoff is adequate to repair successful updates that some replicas
have missed"

Am I wrong ? Thoughts ?

2013/4/4 <cscetbon.ext@orange.com>

> Hi,
>
> I know that deleted rows can reappear if "node repair" is not run on every
> node before *gc_grace_seconds* seconds. However do we really need to obey
> this rule if we run "node repair" on node that are down for more than *
> max_hint_window_in_ms* milliseconds ?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Cyril SCETBON

> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou
privilegiees et ne doivent donc
> pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
par erreur, veuillez le signaler
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques
etant susceptibles d'alteration,
> France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie. Merci.

> This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that
may be protected by law;
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message
and its attachments.
> As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have
been modified, changed or falsified.