From Dane Miller <>
Subject Re: Ec2Snitch to Ec2MultiRegionSnitch
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:50:02 GMT
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <> wrote:
> I am wondering about the process to grow from one data center to a few of
> them. First thing is we use EC2Snitch for now. So I guess we have to switch
> to Ec2MultiRegionSnitch.
> c/ I am using the SimpleStrategy. Is it worth it/mandatory to change this
> strategy when using multiple DC ?

I suggest you thoroughly read the datastax documentation on cassandra
replication.  The change you are planning is big - make sure to try it
in a test environment first.  Also, you might find you don't really
need Cassandra's rack aware feature, and can operate using
(Gossiping)PropertyFileSnitch.  The rack feature is listed as an
"anti-pattern" here:

Here are some recent discussions on this list:

View raw message