From Raihan Jamal <jamalrai...@gmail.com>
Subject How to stop Cassandra and then restart it in windows?
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 01:50:54 GMT
Hello,

I installed single node cluster in my local dev box which is running
Windows 7 and it was working fine. Due to some reason, I need to restart my
desktop and then after that whenever I am doing like this on the command
prompt, it always gives me the below exception-

S:\Apache Cassandra\apache-cassandra-1.2.3\bin>cassandra -f
Starting Cassandra Server
Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException:
Port already in use: 7199; nested exception is:
        java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Meaning port being used somewhere. I have made some changes in *cassandra.yaml
*file so I need to shutdown the Cassandra server and then restart it again.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks for the help.