From Jay Svc <jaytechg...@gmail.com>
Subject How to make compaction run faster?
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 20:01:04 GMT
Hi Team,

I have a high write traffic to my Cassandra cluster. I experience a very
high number of pending compactions. As I expect higher writes, The pending
compactions keep increasing. Even when I stop my writes it takes several
hours to finishing pending compactions.

My CF is configured with LCS, with sstable_size_mb=20M. My CPU is below
20%, JVM memory usage is between 45%-55%. I am using Cassandra 1.1.9.

How can I increase the compaction rate so it will run bit faster to match
my write speed?

Your inputs are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay