From Techy Teck <comptechge...@gmail.com>
Subject com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException using Datastax Java driver
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 00:56:50 GMT
I created my column family like this from the CLI-

create column family profile
    with key_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and comparator = 'UTF8Type'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and column_metadata = [
      {column_name : account, validation_class : 'UTF8Type'}
      {column_name : advertising, validation_class : 'UTF8Type'}
      {column_name : behavior, validation_class : 'UTF8Type'}
      {column_name : info, validation_class : 'UTF8Type'}
      ];

Now I was trying to insert into this column family using the Datastax Java
driver-

public void upsertAttributes(final String userId, final Map<String,
String> attributes) {

String batchInsert = "INSERT INTO PROFILE(id, account, advertising,
behavior, info) VALUES ( '12345', 'hello11', 'bye2234', 'bye1',
'bye2') ";

		CassandraDatastaxConnection.getInstance().getSession().execute(batchInsert);

	}

*
*
*I always get this exception-*

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException:
unconfigured columnfamily profile

And by this way, I am trying to create connection/session initialization to
Cassandra-

private CassandraDatastaxConnection() {

	try{
	cluster = Cluster.builder().addContactPoint("localhost").build();
	session = cluster.connect("my_keyspace");
	} catch (NoHostAvailableException e) {

			throw new RuntimeException(e);
	}
}

I am running Cassandra 1.2.3. And I am able to connect to Cassandra using
the above code. The only problem I am facing is while inserting.

Any idea why it is happening?