From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Really odd issue (AWS related?)
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:15:47 GMT
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Another related question.  Once we see messages being dropped on one node, our cassandra
client appears to see this, reporting errors.  We use LOCAL_QUORUM with a RF of 3 on all queries.
 Any idea why clients would see an error?  If only one node reports an error, shouldn't the
consistency level prevent the client from seeing an issue?

If the client is talking to a broken/degraded coordinator node, RF/CL
are unable to protect it from RPCTimeout. If it is unable to
coordinate the request in a timely fashion, your clients will get
errors.

=Rob