From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Key-Token mapping in cassandra
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:56:07 GMT
All rows with the same key go on the same nodes. So if you use the same row key in different
CF's they will be on the same nodes. i.e. have CF's called Image, Documents, Meta and store
rows in all of them with the 123 key.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/04/2013, at 1:32 PM, Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindarajan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Aaron.
>  We are looking at co-locating all keys for a given user in one Cassandra node.
> Are there any other ways to achieve this
>
> --
> Ravi
>
> On Thursday, April 18, 2013, aaron morton wrote:
>> CASSANDRA-1034
> That ticket is about removing an assumption which was not correct.
>
>> I would like all keys with "123" as prefix to be mapped to a single token.
> Why?
> it's not possible nor desirable IMHO. Tokens are used to identify a single row internally.

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 17/04/2013, at 11:25 PM, Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindarajan@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> We would like to map multiple keys to a single token in cassandra. I believe this
should be possible now with CASSANDRA-1034

>> Ex:
>>
>> Key1 --> 123/IMAGE
>> Key2 --> 123/DOCUMENTS
>> Key3 --> 123/MULTIMEDIA
>>
>> I would like all keys with "123" as prefix to be mapped to a single token.
>>
>> Is this possible? What should be the Partitioner that I should most likely extend
and write my own to achieve the desired result?