From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Datastax Java Driver connection issue
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 02:59:04 GMT
> Just for clarification, why it is necessary to set the server rpc address to 127.0.0.1?
It's not necessary for it to be 127.0.0.1. But it is necessary for the server to be listening
for client connections (the rpc_address) on the same interface / IP you are trying to connect
to.

In your case the error message said you could not find the server at 127.0.0.1, so the simple
thing to do is make sure the server is listening there.

You can set rpc_address to whatever you like (see the yaml) just make sure it's the same address
you are connecting to.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/04/2013, at 7:06 AM, Abhijit Chanda <abhijit.chanda0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Just for clarification, why it is necessary to set the server rpc address to 127.0.0.1?
>

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Make sure that the server rpc_address is set to 127.0.0.1
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 20/04/2013, at 1:47 PM, Techy Teck <comptechgeeky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am also running into this problem. I have already enabled start_native_transport:
true

>> And by this, I am trying to make a connection-
>>
>>     private CassandraDatastaxConnection() {
>>
>>         try{
>>             cluster = Cluster.builder().addContactPoint("localhost").build();
>>             session = cluster.connect("my_keyspace");
>>         } catch (NoHostAvailableException e) {
>>             throw new RuntimeException(e);
>>         }
>>     }
>>
>> And everytime it gives me the same exception-
>>
>> com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException: All host(s) tried for
query failed (tried: [localhost/127.0.0.1])

>> Any idea how to fix this problem?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Abhijit Chanda <abhijit.chanda0@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> @Gabriel, @Wright: thanks, such a silly of me.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Keith Wright <kwright@nanigans.com> wrote:
>> Did you enable the binary protocol in Cassandra.yaml?
>>
>> Abhijit Chanda <abhijit.chanda0@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have downloaded the CQL driver provided by Datastax using
>>        <dependency>
>>             <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId>
>>             <artifactId>cassandra-driver-core</artifactId>
>>             <version>1.0.0-beta2</version>
>>         </dependency>
>>
>> Then tried a sample program to connect to the cluster
>> Cluster cluster = Cluster.builder()
>>                 .addContactPoints(db1)
>>                 .withPort(9160)
>>                 .build();
>>
>> But sadly its returning com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException:
All host(s) tried for query failed

>> I am using cassandra 1.2.2
>>
>> Can any one suggest me whats wrong with that.
>>
>> And i am really sorry for posting  datastax java driver related question in this
forum, can't find a better place for the instant reaction