From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Slow retrieval using secondary indexes
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2013 19:55:12 GMT
Try the request tracing in 1.2 http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/tracing-in-cassandra-1-2 it
may point to the different.

> In our model the secondary index in also unique, as the primary key is. Is it better,
in this case, to create another CF mapping the secondary index to the key?
IMHO if you have a request that is frequently used as part of a hot code path it is still
a good idea to support that with a custom CF.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/04/2013, at 12:27 AM, Francisco Nogueira Calmon Sobral <fsobral@igcorp.com.br>
wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> We are using Cassandra 1.2.1 with a 8 node cluster running at Amazon. We started with
6 nodes and added the 2 later. When performing some reads in Cassandra, we observed a high
difference between gets using the primary key and gets using secondary indexes: