From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Really odd issue (AWS related?)
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 01:54:44 GMT
Sorry, Not sure what CPU steal is :)

I have AWS console with detailed monitoring enabled... things seem to track close to the minute,
so I can see the CPU load go to 0... then jump at about the minute Cassandra reports the dropped
messages,

-Mike

On Apr 25, 2013, at 9:50 PM, aaron morton wrote:

>> The messages appear right after the node "wakes up".
> Are you tracking CPU steal ?
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 25/04/2013, at 4:15 AM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Another related question.  Once we see messages being dropped on one node, our
cassandra client appears to see this, reporting errors.  We use LOCAL_QUORUM with a RF of
3 on all queries.  Any idea why clients would see an error?  If only one node reports an error,
shouldn't the consistency level prevent the client from seeing an issue?