From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Does Memtable resides in Heap?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 21:46:08 GMT
Compression Meta data is also off heap http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/performance-improvements-in-cassandra-1-2

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/04/2013, at 3:02 AM, Jay Svc <jaytechgeek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Edward.!
>

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:
> This issue describes the design of the arena allocation of memtabes.
>

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com>
wrote:
> Memtables resides in heap, write rate impacts GC, more writes - more frequent and longer
ParNew GC pauses.

size of Memtable does it contribute to heap size? or they are part of off-heap?

> Does bigger Memtable would have impact on GC and overall memory management?
>
> I am using DSE 3.0 / Cassandra 1.1.9.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>
> Best regards / Pagarbiai
>
> Viktor Jevdokimov
> Senior Developer
>
> Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
> Phone: +370 5 212 3063
> Fax: +370 5 261 0453
>
> J. Jasinskio 16C,
> LT-01112 Vilnius,
> Lithuania
>

> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender.
You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received
this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.