From Francisco Trujillo <F.Truji...@genetwister.nl>
Subject RE: differences between DataStax Community Edition and Cassandra package
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:53:44 GMT
Thank you Aaron.

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: woensdag 17 april 2013 20:20
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: differences between DataStax Community Edition and Cassandra package

It's the same as the Apache version, but DSC comes with samples and the free version of Ops
Centre.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/04/2013, at 6:36 PM, Francisco Trujillo <F.Trujillo@genetwister.nl<mailto:F.Trujillo@genetwister.nl>>
wrote:

Hi everyone

Probably this question has been formulated for someone in the past. We are using apache Cassandra
1.6 now and we are planning to update the version. Datastax provides their own Cassandra package
called "Datastax Community Edition". I know that the Datastax package have some tools to manage
the cluster like visual interfaces, but

is there some important difference in the database itself is we compared with the same apache
Cassandra that we can download from http://cassandra.apache.org/?

Thanks for your help in advanced