From Francisco Trujillo <F.Truji...@genetwister.nl>
Subject RE: Cassandra Client Recommendation
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:50:32 GMT
Hi

We are using Cassandra 1.6 at this moment. We start to work with Hector, because it is the
first recommendation that you can find in a simple google search for java clients Cassandra.

We start using Hector but when we start to have non dynamically column families, that can
be managed using cql, we start to use astyanax because:

-          It is easy to understand the code even for people who has never worked with Cassandra.

-          The cql implementation offer more capabilities

-          Astyanax is prepared to use Cql 3 and with hector we experienced some problems
(probably our fault, but with Astyanax everything works from the beginning).

-          Astyanax allow to use compound primary keys.

In next months we are going to substitute Hector by Astyanax totally but at this moment we
are using both:

-          Astyanax for cql.

-          Hector for dynamic column families.

From: Techy Teck [mailto:comptechgeeky@gmail.com]
Sent: woensdag 17 april 2013 8:14
To: user
Subject: Re: Cassandra Client Recommendation

Thanks Everton for the suggestion. Couple of questions-

1) Does Astyanax client have any problem with previous version of Cassandra?
2) You said one problem, that it will consume more memory? Can you elaborate that slightly?
What do you mean by that?
3) Does Astyanax supports asynch capabilities?

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Everton Lima <peitin.inutil@gmail.com<mailto:peitin.inutil@gmail.com>>