From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Unable to drop secondary index
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:17:44 GMT
>> [default@production] describe Users;
show schema; is the cli equivalent of describe in cqlsh.

There was a schema related issue in 1.1 CASSANDRA-4561 that was fixed.

This is a tricky one to diagnose remotely. I could try using nodetool resetlocalschema on
each node, it's just wild guess incase there is something odd one one node.

Otherwise can you run the migration with DEBUG logging enabled ? This is a prod system so
it may be easier to set DEBUG on

org.apache.cassandra.service.MigrationManager
org.apache.cassandra.db.MigrationRequestVerbHandler

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 20/04/2013, at 1:42 AM, Michal Michalski <michalm@opera.com> wrote:

> It seems we can't update schemas at all. I tried to change read_repair_chance and it
looks the same. However, in this case I'm 99% sure that some of the CFs I tried to update
were NOT updated using CQL *ever* - only CLI. Not good...

> But, as I mentioned before - we did the same on test cluster (probably with even more
CLI & CQL mixing) and it works there.