From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How to use Write Consistency 'ANY' with SSTABLELOADER - DSE Cassandra 1.1.9
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:17:09 GMT
Is this a once off data load or something you need to do regularly?

One option you have with RF3 and 3 Nodes is to place a copy of all the SSTables on each node
and use nodetool refresh to directly load the sstables into the node without any streaming.

> 1. Please can anyone suggest how we can enforce Write Consistency level when using SSTABLELOADER?
Bulk Loader does not use CL, it's more like a repair / bootstrap.
If you have to skip a node then use repair.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 30/04/2013, at 1:05 AM, praveen.akunuru@wipro.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a requirement to load approximately 10 million records, each record with approximately
100 columns. We are planning to use the Bulk-loader program to convert the data into SSTables
and then load them using SSTABLELOADER.

> Everything is working fine when all nodes are up and running and the performance is very
good. However, when a node is down, the streaming fails and the operation stops. We have to
run the SSTABLELOADER with option 'I' to exclude the node that is down. I was wondering if
we can enforce Consistency level of 'ANY' with SSTABLELOADER as well.

> We tried specifying the consistency level 'ANY' at Keyspace level. However, this is not
being used by the SSTABLELOADER. It is still looking for all the nodes to be available.

> 1. Please can anyone suggest how we can enforce Write Consistency level when using SSTABLELOADER?
>
> 2. Will Sqoop be a good option in these scenarios? Do we have any performance stats generated
while loading data into Cassandra with Sqoop?

> Environment:
>
> Cassandra 1.1.9 provided as part of DSE 3.0
> 3 Nodes
> Replication Factor – 3
> Consistency Level – ANY
>
> Regards,
> Praveen
> Wipro Limited (Company Regn No in UK - FC 019088)
> Address: Level 2, West wing, 3 Sheldon Square, London W2 6PS, United Kingdom. Tel +44
20 7432 8500 Fax: +44 20 7286 5703

> VAT Number: 563 1964 27
>
> (Branch of Wipro Limited (Incorporated in India at Bangalore with limited liability vide
Reg no L99999KA1945PLC02800 with Registrar of Companies at Bangalore, India. Authorized share
capital: Rs 5550 mn))

of this message and any attachments.