From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Extracting data from SSTable files with MapReduce
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2013 18:42:53 GMT
> The SSTable files are in the -f- format from 0.8.10.
If you can upgrade to the latest version it will make things easier.
Start a node and use nodetool upgradesstables.

The class provides a blue print for reading rows
from disk.

hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

On 13/04/2013, at 7:58 PM, Jasper K. <> wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone have any experience with running a MapReduce directly against a CF's SSTable
> I have a use case where this seems to be an option. I want to export all data from a
CF to a flat file format for statistical analysis.
> Some factors that make it (more) doable in my case:
> -The Cassandra instance is not 'on-line' (no writes- no reads)
> -The .db files were exported from another instance. I got them all in one place now
> The SSTable files are in the -f- format from 0.8.10.
> Looking at this : it should be possible
to write a Hadoop RecordReader for Cassandra rowkeys.
> But maybe I am not fully aware of what I am up to.
> --
> Jasper

View raw message