From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra + Hadoop - 2 Task attempts with million of rows
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 02:54:34 GMT
>> Our cluster is evenly partitioned (Murmur3Partitioner)
Murmor3Partitioner is only available in 1.2 and changing partitioners is not supported. Did
you change from Random Partitioner under 1.1?

Are you using virtual nodes in your 1.2 cluster ?

>> We have roughly 97million rows in our cluster. Why we are getting above behavior?
Do you have any suggestion or clue to trouble shoot in this issue?
Can you make some of the logs from the tasks available?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/04/2013, at 5:50 AM, Shamim <srecon@yandex.ru> wrote:

> We are using Hadoop 1.0.3 and pig 0.11.1 version
>
> --
> Best regards
>   Shamim A.
>
> 22.04.2013, 21:48, "Shamim" <srecon@yandex.ru>:
>> Hello all,
>>   recently we have upgrade our cluster (6 nodes) from cassandra version 1.1.6 to
1.2.1. Our cluster is evenly partitioned (Murmur3Partitioner). We are using pig for parse
and compute aggregate data.

>> When we submit job through pig, what i consistently see is that, while most of the
task have 20-25k row assigned each (Map input records), only 2 of them (always 2 ) getting
more than 2 million rows. This 2 tasks always complete 100% and hang for long time. Also most
of the time we are getting killed task (2%) with TimeoutException.

>> We increased rpc_timeout to 60000, also set cassandra.input.split.size=1024 but nothing
help.

>> We have roughly 97million rows in our cluster. Why we are getting above behavior?
Do you have any suggestion or clue to trouble shoot in this issue? Any help will be highly
thankful. Thankx in advance.