From Matthias Zeilinger <Matthias.Zeilin...@bwinparty.com>
Subject RE: multiple Datacenter values in PropertyFileSnitch
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 05:57:00 GMT
I´m using for each application it´s own keyspace.
What I want is to split up for different load patterns.
So that 2 apps with same and very high load pattern are not clashing.

For other load patterns I want to use another splitting.

Is there any best practice or should I scale out, so that the complete load can be distributed
to on all nodes?

Br,
Matthias Zeilinger
Production Operation - Shared Services

P: +43 (0) 50 858-31185
M: +43 (0) 664 85-34459
E: matthias.zeilinger@bwinparty.com

bwin.party services (Austria) GmbH
Marxergasse 1B
A-1030 Vienna

www.bwinparty.com

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 11. April 2013 20:48
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: multiple Datacenter values in PropertyFileSnitch

A node can only exist in one DC and one rack.

Use different keyspaces as suggested.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 12/04/2013, at 1:47 AM, Jabbar Azam <ajazam@gmail.com<mailto:ajazam@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hello,

I'm not an expert but I don't think you can do what you want. The way to separate data for
applications on the same cluster is to use different tables for different applications or
use multiple keyspaces, a keyspace per application. The replication factor you specify for
each keyspace specifies how many copies of the data are stored in each datacenter.
You can't specify that data for a particular application is stored on a specific node, unless
that node is in its own cluster.
I think of a cassandra cluster as a shared resource where all the applications have access
to all the nodes in the cluster.

Thanks

Jabbar Azam

On 11 April 2013 14:13, Matthias Zeilinger <Matthias.Zeilinger@bwinparty.com<mailto:Matthias.Zeilinger@bwinparty.com>>