From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: InvalidRequestException: Start key's token sorts after end token
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:31:54 GMT
If you Hadoop task supplying both a start and finish key for the slice ? You probably only
want the start.

Provide the full call stack and the code in your hadoop task.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/04/2013, at 1:34 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> What's the stack trace you see?  At the time, I was thinking column scan not row scan
as perhaps your code or priam's code was doing a column slice within a row set and the columns
are sorted by Integer while priam is passing in UTF8 or vice-versa.  Ie. Do we know if this
is a column sorting issue or a row one?

> Dean
>
> From: Andre Tavares <andre271@gmail.com<mailto:andre271@gmail.com>>
> Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:09 AM
> To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: InvalidRequestException: Start key's token sorts after end token
>
> Dean,
>
> sorry,  but I saw your comments on Stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16041727/operationtimeoutexception-cassandra-cluster-aws-emr
) just after I sent this message ...

> and I think you may be right about the sort method,  but Priam sets  Cassandra partitioner
with "RandomPartitioner", and maybe the correct could be "Murmur3Partitioner" when we use
Hadoop (I am not sure too) ... if that is true I got a problem because I can't change the
partitioner with Priam (I think it only works with RandomPartitioner) ...

> Andre
>
> 2013/4/17 Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
> I literally jut replied to your stackoverflow comment then saw this email.  I need the
whole stack trace.  My guess is the ColFamily is configured for one sort method where map/reduce
is using another or something when querying but that's just a guess.